Applications for the above 12-month contract post, starting as soon as possible, are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to perform core library and information duties in a small resource centre. The successful candidate will be required to work for about 20 hours per week – either 2.5 days, or 5 mornings per week.
- B.Bibl degree (or relevant qualification in this field)
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Special Library
- A thorough working knowledge of database systems
Skills and competencies
- Computer literacy (MS Office; library and mailing list databases; internet)
- Knowledge of electronic library and information systems
- Information search skills (manual and electronic)
- Exceptional cataloguing skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written English)
- Good interpersonal relations
- Meticulous eye for detail
- Acquiring library material
- Cataloguing, subject classification of library stock
- Retrieving information
- Managing lending service
- Overseeing and maintaining PLAAS databases (including library and mailing list databases)
- Maintaining in-house notice boards
- Facilitating process of including PLAAS research information in the UWC Research repository
- General library administration
The remuneration package is R8 000 a month.
For further information, contact Ursula Arends at telephone (021) 959 3733 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter, motivating your interest, including the names, full postal/ e-mail addresses and telephone/fax numbers of two contactable referees, to: The Administrative Manager, PLAAS, School of Government, UWC, Private Bag X17, Bellville 7535, or e-mail: email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: Friday 24 August 2012
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED